Call for Speakers
Abstract Submission for RAPID 2013 is now closed.
Additive Manufacturing is in the Spot Light
3D printing is gaining greater attention! The recently created National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute (NAMII) will underscore the importance of this technology. Trade and business publications have picked up on it and have run numerous articles about how additive manufacturing (AM) is revolutionizing manufacturing. This has spurred an international interest in AM, 3D printing and 3D imaging in manufacturing and other industries. There’s no better time than now to share your innovative research, case study or application with an audience razor focused on AM. Become a RAPID 2013 Speaker!
RAPID and SME /RTAM will play a vital role defining additive manufacturing. RAPID is known worldwide as a must-attend event. RAPID 2013 is the place manufacturers and product designers come to learn the basics as well as explore the newest technologies and materials in additive manufacturing in combination with 3D imaging. RAPID 2013 will integrate the latest developments coming out of NAMII, providing a comprehensive overview of the project.
Present to a High-Level, Influential Audience in a Growth Industry
- 58% are Business Owners, Corporate Executives/Managers or Product Designers
- 88% influence equipment purchase decisions in their organization
- 74% visit RAPID to evaluate additive manufacturing technologies and 50% to evaluate 3D imaging
- 3D printing market is projected to rise to $3 billion by 2018
Exposure, Recognition, and Free Stuff!
Become a speaker to share your knowledge and contribute to a dynamic conference focused on red-hot additive manufacturing/3D imaging.
- Professional exposure as an AM and/or 3D imaging industry leader
- Network and meet industry peers
- Position your company for Growth
- Market yourself and your organization
- Introduction to new customers and industries in heartland of USA manufacturing and throughout the U.S., Canada and several countries around the world
- Impart solutions to manufacturing professionals
- Contribute to the manufacturing profession
- Development of the manufacturing workforce
- Enter the Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award competition
- All speakers receive Complimentary admission to the RAPID 2013 Exposition, Keynotes, and all conference sessions
- Complimentary tickets for the Networking Reception
- First Priority for Tours
RAPID Moves to Pittsburgh
Five federal agencies - the Departments of Defense, Energy, and Commerce, the National Science Foundation, and NASA – jointly committed to invest $45 million in a pilot institute on additive manufacturing which will be located in Youngstown, Ohio. To support this exciting announcement and the increased investment in jobs, training and equipment it will create, RAPID 2013 will be located just a short drive away at Pittsburgh’ s David L. Lawrence Convention Center. By speaking at RAPID 2013, your message will be delivered to an audience specifically focused on innovative applications of additive manufacturing and how it can be used to revitalize manufacturing in the U.S. Share your expertise and gain national recognition as an industry and thought leader.
Presentation Format Options:
25-minute individual presentation
25-minute case study
Abstracts should address research, case studies and/or applications in any of the following areas:
- Additive Layer Technologies
- 3D Imaging
- 3D Printing
- Reverse Engineering
- Reverse Modeling
- Concept Modeling
- Additive Metal Processes
- Materials used including Plastics, Metals & Composites
- Rapid & Vacuum Casting
- Economical & Business Considerations
- Secondary Processes including Finishing & Plating
- Design Considerations
- Fabrication & Assembly
- . . . and more
Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award
|The Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award seeks to recognize those who present a technical paper that features a successful and innovative application of rapid technologies and additive manufacturing. The paper will be selected based on 1) Technical merit, 2) Impact on the rapid technologies and additive manufacturing industry 3) Overall relevance and paper quality.|
To qualify for consideration:
- Your paper must be selected for presentation at the conference
- Your full paper must be received by March 15, 2013 (abstracts with outlines or presentation notes do not qualify)
- You must authorize SME to publish the paper as part of its technical paper database.
For more information on the Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award, visit www.sme.org/aubinaward.
Presentations will be reviewed by technical advisors of the RAPID 2013 Conference who are members of the Rapid Technologies & Additive Manufacturing Community (RTAM) of SME. Abstracts selected will contribute to a comprehensive overview of the various components within rapid and 3D imaging technologies and their application to specific industries.
How to Submit an Abstract
Submit your presentation ideas by completing the Call for Speakers Form including a 100-200 word description of your topic. Please select the appropriate topics, related job functions, and experience level to help us find the appropriate place for your presentation in the program.
If You’re Chosen as a Speaker
To make the most of your participation, and to provide attendees with the best conference experience, we will ask you to provide us with additional information. Forms and materials with their deadlines will be posted on this website in the near future.*Source for all statistics: RAPID 2012 Registration Data